Do you travel?
We are based on the Sunshine Coast but we do love a road trip and will happily travel to regional Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Byron Bay, Gold Coast, Stradbroke Island, Brisbane, Maleny, Eumundi, Noosa or beyond…We can travel as far as you wish!
Our standard pricing includes travel within a 50km radius of Moffat Beach. For events outside of this area, a travel fee of $2/km applies.
Do you supply alcohol?
No, we do not supply alcohol. All alcohol and beverages is to be provided by the event organiser, venue or catering company. We operate as a BYO caravan bar, which means you will save a fortune by avoiding the heavy cost of mark ups on drinks!
Do you need access to power or water?
We do not need water to operate. However, we require access to power for our wine fridges. For events held at venues without power, we can bring a generator along with us for an extra fee.
Where can you host a party?
We usually operate on private properties and venues. If you wish to set up the caravan on a public space, this is also an option! In this case, you will be responsible for obtaining relevant permissions and permits from the Council.
When does the caravan arrive?
HEAD OVER WHEELS will arrive at least 1 hour before your event so we have ample time to set up and be ready to serve at the allocated booking time.
The set up and pack down of the caravan bar is done in our own time. For example: if you book the Good Vibrations package (3 hour hire), it is 3 hours of alcohol service.
How many guests do you serve?
Our standard packages are based on 100 guests. Numbers higher than this, we will charge $50 per hour for extra bar staff and $3 per person for extra glassware.
Do you charge for glassware breakage/loss?
Yes we do. Glassware breakage/loss will be charged at $2 per glass and be payable within a week after the event.
Do you do table service?
We prefer to serve only from our caravan. HEAD OVER WHEELS caravan bar is a stand up cocktail style service for your event. We love that this style of event encourages guests to mingle with each other and in turn also keeps your alcohol costs down.
How much alcohol do we need for our event?
Figuring out how much alcohol you will need is probably one of the toughest part of your event planning but don’t worry - we are here to help! We will assist you in calculating the amount of alcohol you need.
Can you provide a keg service?
We sure can! We have equipped our beautiful caravan with 2 beer taps, just BYO the kegs and we sort the rest! This service is available for an extra $100 fee.
What do I need to organise prior to the caravan arrival?
HEAD OVER WHEELS require 3 key things from the event host prior to our arrival on site:
- a flat and clear accessible site to the dimensions of our caravan and trailer.
- access to power (if not, we will add the cost of a generator).
- access to the pre-chilled beverages on the menu
What are the caravan dimensions?
Our caravan is 6.1m long x 2.25m wide x 2.45m high.
Our towing car and caravan together are 11m long.
How can I book?
Just follow these steps to secure the caravan for your event:
- Visit our contact page and get in touch with us via email, phone or through our online form. Tell us about your event. Mention your venue, date, number of guests and the package and add-ons you are interested in.
- We will send you a free quote as well as our Terms and Conditions.
- Once details have been agreed and if you want to confirm your booking, we will forward you an invoice. Please note that a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking date.
- Once your date is locked in, we will provide you with all the information you need to organise your drinks and will work with you to ensure that your bar experience is personalised.
- The remaining balance is due 2 weeks prior to your event.
Do you have cancellation fees?
We unfortunately do. Once the booking is confirmed, the date is yours and we decline any other enquiry, no matter how many we receive. Please note that booking deposits are non-refundable.
If a cancellation is notified:
- Within 30 days of the booked event, you will be liable for a further 25% of the booking fee.
- Within 14 days of the booked event, you will be liable for the full booking fee.
Do you have public liability insurance?
We certainly do.